And the week went by uneventfully for most but for me it was a re-learning of sorts.
After weeks of walking like the ‘Leaning tower of Pisa’ , I finally started walking straight and balanced again and then proceeded to show this basic skill to anyone and every one who’d watch me, often much to their amusement or annoyance (depending on whom I was showing it to)! Walking straight should come naturally to most , but for me it was an achievement that I was proud of.
And that’s when I realised how many of us take so much for granted till we lose the ability to do it. We often fail to celebrate the people we love and the things we can do and instead find fault with both. And then when we lose the ability to do something or lose someone in our life ; we then and only then understand the importance.
And in the spirit of things that I have learnt, I learnt lots from this Multiple Sclerosis Attack.
- Value your body. It’s the only one you have and whatever you can do with it (even the bare minimum) is pretty darn amazing.
- Connect with your family and friends. Say ‘I love you’ lots and give lots. Eventually all you have in life is for the relationships – so give them your all.
- Don’t take your health lightly.Listen to your body. It’ll always be truthful to you.
- Stop blaming yourself. You are exactly where you are supposed to be and any trial is just a lesson in disguise.
- Smile, watch a comedy and refresh. Smiling is a lot healthier than stress is!
- Party. When the world is turning upside down, get out and party. Don’t sit and mope. Get outside. Have a ball. The world is amazing! And tomorrow will always be a better day!
And we’re on to another weekend and the new week holds so much excitement with new hires, new jobs and new opportunities.
And yup, that’s another excuse to party!
P.s. (Palat says)-: Life is a celebration…or it should be. If it’s not, take a minute and remember – you are alive, you are amazing and you deserve awesomeness!
Well here’s my short letter to you…!
To all the Haters of Valentines Day,
I’m sorry! But you suck!
But for those who feel they deserve a less snippy version… here are my thoughts! We spend our lives criticising, critiquing, hating…not just others but ourselves! We’re never good enough, fast enough , cute enough, popular enough or pretty enough! We watch tv shows to cut them up into pieces… we even watch things or dress in t-shirts to make statements ‘ironically’ because I mean it’s not cool to like something or even worse still love anything anymore! I mean that’s sooooo lame! It’s so much cooler to wander around in a fury- angered by society, spouses, the government and even our friends! It’s become cool to hate!
Now this is one day we’re we (and aaaaallllll the greeting card companies) celebrate uncoolness! We celebrate love! And even if you don’t have that ‘right person’ at the moment, isn’t it cool to spend the day loving things about ourselves- I mean- go out and dress up, pamper yourself, read a book, finish a tv show, treat yourself to lunch- look around you… Can’t you spend one miserable day not hating your life and all those around you?
Valentines Day celebrates the joy of giving love. We’re often so caught up in our own lives…we forget that it’s not the job that makes the world go ’round, it’s the people… the people in your lives… so smile. Get out. Buy an overpriced rose or card and treat someone else…Make them smile and if you can’t find someone…buy something for yourself and be your own Valentine…
Spreading the love isn’t uncool…it’s in fact pretty fabulous!!!
Disclaimer-: Sorry for the self absorbed , soppy post…I needed to write and needed to vent and needed to process…this is my personal diary and my outlet for me to remember what happens in my life- good or bad!
All is fine. And all else will be… I’m positive.
I cry when you disregard my opinions or walk past me pretending I don’t exist.
I cry when you are rude to me and you didn’t even know it…because that’s how self absorbed you are.
I cry when I’m so tired but need to go on and on and on without a complaint.
I cry when I’m being forced in to a corner with nowhere to escape.
I cry when I’m so scared , I’ve dried up inside.
I cry when I hear of rape and pain and injustice and people who died.
I cry when I hear of the submariners who died…alone in the cold of the night.
I cry when I am diagnosed with something so scary and can’t even process the fear…
I cry. I cry. I cry.
All silent tears.
And yet when you meet me…I smile… because that’s who I am.
So the writing has been irregular because i’ve just not felt well enough… With ‘The Verdict’ premiere just ’round the corner, it’s been rehearsal, rehearsal, rehearsal! But that’s not been what has kept me from writing….it’s just incredible and scary new life lessons I have had to learn.
- Everyone is an actor. Most people are 2, 3 or 4 faced…they say one thing to you, one to another and something else to a third! And it comes to them more naturally than it does for most trained actors! I was untrusting , as a person, before, but now I don’t even believe you when you give me your word or write it down!
- Class does not come from how much money you possess or what you wear… it’s ingrained in your value system, your thoughts and your beliefs. You can’t buy class- not even with all the money in the world.
- I care about myself! Every individual sole focus is themselves- NOT you! Your world might collapse…. but they will only worry if the ground under them move… else you are just extra noise…
- Just because I’m nice to you …doesn’t mean I’m your friend. It doesn’t even mean that i like you… People will say one thing and do exactly what they feel like. Most people can never more than acquaintances- passing breezes…!
- And last but not least- NEVER UNDERESTIMATE YOUR FAMILY. When everything collapses around you, when you don’t have the will to get up and still fight to retain the ‘I don’t need help’ attitude- they are the ones who will help you when you push them away. They are the ones who make you stronger and they are the ones who make you believe in the power and strength of unconditional love.
And thru all the madness and all the ill health, I have smiled through pain and gritted teeth because of the strength my family gives to me. I didn’t ask for it. I pushed them away. I yelled at them for treating me like I was unwell and they smiled indulgently and bought me cake. When I had hours of work left, they took me kicking and screaming out to lunch. When I pulled an all-nighter and was continuing thru the day- they dragged me to bed.
The reason ‘The Verdict’ will be a success is thanks to my family.
They saw thru my smile. they saw thru my ‘I’m fine.’ They love me enough to take me tantrums and all and listen to my fears, put band-aids on the hurt and prop me up to make me the smiling person the world sees every day.
It is thanks to them- you can never tell the face that I put on.
People are horrible. They are mean. They make opinions when they don’t know you. They are harsh, self centered, rude and callous. People are horrible. They lie to your face. They forget you. They replace you. They hurt you- knowingly, unknowingly. People are horrible.
But then there are some- a few among a swarm of hundred who accept you for who you are, who like you…maybe even love you.They laugh at the jokes you crack not because they’re good or even funny but because it’ll make you happy. They smile, laugh, hug you. They want to make you happy and they try. They may not succeed all the time but they try. These are the people that are worth calling people- because they are YOUR PEOPLE!
YOU are somebody’s person too- whether you realize it or not. You make someone laugh, someone happy, someone feel special.You make someone’s life worthwhile. You make them a priority even at times forgetting to prioritize yourself.
Life must be about YOUR PEOPLE.
More often than not we listen to the boos from the crowd, the criticism from those who are only critical and the harsh words from the haters. We do not hear the claps from that one person in the crowd who really cares, the person who is on our side- OUR PERSON! And we allow their voice to get drowned out by the boos. We allow their opinions to be stepped over by the haters. We stop listening because what do they really know?
People need people. Even if you’re an island and prefer solo time to talking to people- you need someone on your side …playing for your team. Find your people. Keep your people. Because people need people!
Drown out the haters. We are all survivors. Everyday. Even if we haven’t survived disease, or cheated death- we have each survived venomous hate, pointless anger, hurtful backbiting. We are each survivors.
Good morning. I’m a survivor and I’m proud and rather than spreading hate and anger, I choose to spread love and life.
Make the same choice too!
Have a great week!
Everything will not go right today. You will grow older but no more mature.You may not find the one you love. You may fall out with people that you care about. You may not finish what you started….you may be no more closer to finishing it actually. You may lose an argument, your job, a friend. You may be in more debt, scrape your newly painted car, fall on a dirty pavement wearing your nicest white shirt. Everything will not go right today.
But the sun will still come up and you will meet strangers who have no preconceived notions of you. You will receive smiles for no reason at all. And you might even notice someone who has been noticing you your entire life. You will witness kindness. You might even get the opportunity to be kind. You will see innocence. You will have conversations. You will see if you open your eyes and actually see!
Life is not about a glass half full or a glass half empty…it’s about the milk that’s in it! It’s about tasting life with it’s ups and downs and actually living the moment.
There is absolutely no stress worth stressing about because someone out there has it worse than you.If you are having a bad day, someone else is having a worse one!They say ‘Smile and the World Smiles with you…’….I think it’s not about having or getting other people to smile- it’s just about actually smiling!
You are born. You are blessed. You are loved or have the potential to be loved and you have the ability to love others. You get this amazing experience of life where you will see many different colours, people, places and things. You are the Chosen One. God chose YOU.
You must be special. BELIEVE IT!
So there comes in time in every relationship when you make ‘the list.’ The list is all the guys/ girls you’ve dated and then what you actually want on the other side! And what’s really funny (and I think a personal joke for Fate!) is that who you end up with may have just a few or none of the things on your very dramatic first list! 😉 So to make a more realistic list here’s what I think should be on it!
Forget about the looks …looks come, looks go…! Looks fade and now looks can be completely altered….! So that’s just transient! Now I’m writing about a guy…but the same list applies for men…just change the gender !
- Does he challenge you? Not to a duel or fighting match…but can he match wits with you… Can he talk first? Can he bring up interesting things to do? Does he argue with you and challenge you to think, to feel ,to accomplish?
- Does he make you smile? He doesn’t need to be a comedian or juggler….but can he make you smile…even when he’s not around. Take a moment to think of him….now- did you smile?
- Does he encourage you to take chances…even when you’re afraid cos you know he’;ll be there like a landing mat if you came crashing down ! Playing safe is okay in life but sometimes a little bit of crazy can really bond two people together…so does he make you feel you can accomplish your crazy dreams!?
- Does he fight for you?!? Not a physical fight or even a verbal fight but if push came to shove which side of the line would he be on? Would he be by your side or move away cos he doesn’t like a scene? You want the one who’ll be with you when your down to make sure you can be down but never out!
- Does he share some of your interests ? That’s a great talking point and a great bonding point!
- Can he do NOTHING with you? Just a day vegging out or sleeping or watching TV or not talking…can he be there by your side and most importantly does it still feel comfortable?
- Can you be comfortable with him- leave you hair loose, put on shorts, watch idol and cry and can he be comfortable with you- swear at the tv, watch a match with the same intensity as if he were playing it, fight with you knowing that you won’t leave…. Can you be honest?
- Can you create a gibberish language and still understand each other…or look at him and know what he’s thinking…do you take the time to connect? Do you want to?
- Do you respect him? Relationships are formed with respect. Make sure you respect yourself but make sure you respect him too… Without respect there’s no real relationship.
- When you hold hands does it all seem to make sense…
If some of this makes sense to you…add it in your list….I think you’ll find that this list is way cooler than a list which just has his earning potential, his looks, his cars, her measurements, her legs, her eyes… 😉 you get the drift!
Follow my blog (top left hand corner) / Subscribe to me… (right hand side column)!
And do also become a TRAVELHOLIC like I am by following my NEWEST BLOG-: Travel with Divya