And the week went by uneventfully for most but for me it was a re-learning of sorts.
After weeks of walking like the ‘Leaning tower of Pisa’ , I finally started walking straight and balanced again and then proceeded to show this basic skill to anyone and every one who’d watch me, often much to their amusement or annoyance (depending on whom I was showing it to)! Walking straight should come naturally to most , but for me it was an achievement that I was proud of.
And that’s when I realised how many of us take so much for granted till we lose the ability to do it. We often fail to celebrate the people we love and the things we can do and instead find fault with both. And then when we lose the ability to do something or lose someone in our life ; we then and only then understand the importance.
And in the spirit of things that I have learnt, I learnt lots from this Multiple Sclerosis Attack.
- Value your body. It’s the only one you have and whatever you can do with it (even the bare minimum) is pretty darn amazing.
- Connect with your family and friends. Say ‘I love you’ lots and give lots. Eventually all you have in life is for the relationships – so give them your all.
- Don’t take your health lightly.Listen to your body. It’ll always be truthful to you.
- Stop blaming yourself. You are exactly where you are supposed to be and any trial is just a lesson in disguise.
- Smile, watch a comedy and refresh. Smiling is a lot healthier than stress is!
- Party. When the world is turning upside down, get out and party. Don’t sit and mope. Get outside. Have a ball. The world is amazing! And tomorrow will always be a better day!
And we’re on to another weekend and the new week holds so much excitement with new hires, new jobs and new opportunities.
And yup, that’s another excuse to party!
P.s. (Palat says)-: Life is a celebration…or it should be. If it’s not, take a minute and remember – you are alive, you are amazing and you deserve awesomeness!