And before you realise it, you’re already in the middle of the first month… New year is over. The lovely bubble of the Christmas season has burst and you’re already bogged down with the routine, you swore you’d never go back to!
New year resolutions are finding their way back in to the box they came in and the enthusiasm for the new year and the new start you swore you’d have is quickly fizzling out!
Now is where you need that second wind and so this week is going to be where I re-plan my year, re-get my enthusiasm back (even if it’s a bit forced) and give my self a break! The year’s started and this is a marathon… not a sprint… so I’m going to have to keep pacing myself, if I want this year to matter!
There is so much of my life , I don’t recall prior to my illness. There is so much of my life I wish I could have spent more time on being happy about…
Today is a day that you can choose what you do with! Much like choosing ice cream, I can choose the flavour my day takes on and just knowing that gives me the power to do another week!
P.s-: the ridiculous food plan is in Week 3 and I’m seeming healthier (so that’s a win!
Let’s win this week!
So it’s that time of year when Resolutions have been made and more than a few have been already broken…The year has started and we’re in a ‘Same %&## , different year’ mood…!
But before you give up hope and start counting the 50 odd weeks left for the next new year…I thought of some Resolutions that you should make, can keep and will make you feel pretty good about it!
Resolutions for myself
- I will look after me. I will love me. I will pamper me. Because I love and wish to look after myself I will try and eat better so I can spend more time looking after me. I will not punish myself if I mess up on a day or two because I love me and I am making a resolution to look after myself- not by punishment but with love and faith.
- I will do one thing every day that makes me happy. Life is too short to go thru it in a rut and then suddenly find that you are too old to enjoy all of the things you should have enjoyed when you were younger. So everyday… even I start talking to a friend that I haven’t spoken to in years or meeting someone over coffee… I will do something that makes me happy!
- Spend more time with those I love. It’s special to love and to be loved. it’s important to recognise that and not take it all for granted so I will make sure I spend time with those I love and let them spend time loving, fretting and looking after me. A loved soul makes for a happy soul!
Resolutions for work
- I will challenge myself. I understand that I may be happy with how well things are going… but I will set new targets and will aim to achieve them. I will not be hard on myself if every thing doesn’t automatically fall in to place… but I will never stop dreaming and never stop trying.
- I have a dream and I will keep at it. I had dreams when I was younger of who I wanted to be and what I wanted to do…I will start dreaming all over again and make those dreams come true… slowly, steadily but surely!
- I will stop work. A 20 hour day doesn’t make me more efficient than a person who can achieve the same in fewer hours. I will set goals for myself that are reasonable and then as I complete them I will stop. Sometimes a break can help you work more effectively. I will work smarter not longer!
These were just some basics that are almost #NoFailResolutions. They are easy, possible, thought provoking and can be expanded upon! And most of all… you can’t break them…
I’m making my 2014 about ME. You should make it about you too!