And I have realised that every good bye is tough…
When I did plays – as much as I loved opening night and all the grandeur and excitement; it was always bitter-sweet. There’d be no more rehearsals, no more swapping stories and gossip, no more long coffee breaks and bloopers. The family that we created would graduate and move on to their own lives. Of course we’d meet for shows , much like families meet for the holidays and we’d have the quick catchups and the familiar laughs but there would now be a distance and it would never quite be the same.
But then before you know it there’d be a new show and a new family and the closeness and bonds would be forged again.
When I started expanding Balancing Act, it became the same. Each person was hand picked and chosen and I made them family over time and every time one left there was a part of me that missed the relationship we shared and another part excited about the new person/ people I would meet.
I now know that life is a journey. You will meet many people on the way. People come in to your life for many reasons. Some to help you , even when you didn’t know you needed help; some to teach you lessons – even the harshest or hardest of lessons and once you receive the help or learn from the lessons they will leave you and move on as their purpose has been served.
However there will be a few who will stay on and on and on, because both you and them will keep learning, growing and helping each other. And these are the people that you will find over time, that you will learn to value and who will always have your back. These are the people who are on your journey with you- so you will never be alone.
These are the people you won’t say goodbye to.
Look for these people. Treasure these people. Love these people.
P.s. (Palat says)-: Every good bye has a hello just waiting to happen!
so it’s moo- day again! ( moo- cos it’s the monday morning blues!— the MOO’S!)
so yup the mush-pot in me writes yet another blog post about love….but here’s the thing i’m writing about some of my life or no…LOVE lessons! 2o-some things u can learn from me… and my mistakes/ adventures! 😉
Lessons you learn about love! (sorry aditya …again, for using our life as fodder for my blog!)
- guys like the chase…they may say the don’t….but they do….! another fact- most girls like to be chased as well!
- the chase mustn’t stop once you get with the guy/ girl…keep the chase going…the journey becomes more interesting!
- men and women sleep at different times! to sleep at the same time…you have to re-program yourself and most times you still end up staring at the ceiling!
- you can never go too big when it comes to expressing your love. you can go too small….
- saying ‘i love you’ is often more of a big deal for men than it is for women
- the first year of marriage is hard…it involves long nights yelling, plate throwing and tons of temper tantrums…once you get thru year 1…you’re too tired and too broke to continue the madness! 😉
- find stuff that you can both do together… it’s important to share common interests!
- laugh…. it’s important to not take every criticism seriously or every comment to heart!
- go on dates…you don’t’ have to stop woo-ing once you get the girl… keep the woo-ing alive!
- you may not love the people he/she loves …but you gotta hate the ones they hate!!! that makes them know that you’re on the same side!
- fight! fight’s are good! they help you retain your individuality ….at the same time de-stress you!
- play. play a game , a sport, a board game… something… but play together!
- dress up nice…not just to go out for a party but to impress your partner…even if you’ve been with him/ her forever!
- make your partner your best friend…it’s tough and it involves spilling lots of ‘blackmailable’ secrets and him/ her laughing at you quite a bit…but it’s worth it to make a new best friend and one that will stick with you forever!
- a little call saying ‘i love you’ in the middle of the day can brighten up a rough day….so pick up that phone!
- it’s nice having someone you can do nothing with!
- marriage is a great option when you think of rising petrol prices… no more dropping your date home 😉
- not all women love kids and not all men hate them!
- men cry
- creating comfortable living rooms often make the threat of ‘ur sleeping on the couch’ pretty useless!!!!
- don’t change for anyone… and never give up on anything that makes you feel you’ve ‘compromised’ …else you’ll always dream of the person you were and always regret the things you gave up….so don’t…
- love must make you feel good about yourself…else there’s no point in being in love!
- the day he raises his voice, get help….the day he raises his hand- GET OUT!