So I was listening to the Sunscreen Song…a fave of mine whenever I’m down! And before you ask why….I am overtired and overworked and sometimes an instant pep up is in order…! The song got me thinking….I love relationships, love and dispensing advice ;-)…so maybe i should list out some of the things I’ve learnt so far…
- Love has got to make you smile…if there are more tears than cheers…you are in the wrong relationship!
- Women cry when they get hurt…men may not…that doesn’t mean what you say doesn’t hurt them!
- Dates are important…never let the woo-ing period ever end….even when the honeymoon does!
- Life is hard- cut yourself a break sometimes!
- Smile- even if you have nothing to smile about…just smile…it’s better than a caffeine pick up (and with my love for coffee if I’m saying that-it must be!)
- Whenever you’re going thru a bad day…there’s probably someone who’s going thru worse…so still count ur blessings!
- We’re all equally scared and doing things for the first time- women and men- it’s not that either sex is less scared; it’s just that certain people hide their worries a little better!
- Travel. See the world. Learn how amazing it is. The magnificence and largeness of the world makes you understand how you are just a small part of something incredible.
- You don’t know what someone else is going through… so give them a break if they seem unreasonable sometimes. You probably seem unreasonable to some people too!
- Celebrate everything- the wins, the losses and everything in between.
- Care for at least one person more than you care for yourself. And don’t expect that back. Just care – cos you do!
- It’s never too late to start over.It’s never too late to change career path, life, relationships, anything. Follow your heart.
- Believe. Even when it seems impossible- believe.
- You are younger today, than you will ever be- enjoy it.
- Find friends. Make friends. Be a friend.
- Say ‘I love you’ to those you love for absolutely no reason at all. It makes you both feel good.
- Any conversation you have could be the last you have with that person… so be careful with your words.
- Write your angry emails and then save them to drafts. Go back to them later, read them to somebody- and only then send them.
- Show up or don’t be there…. Don’t just turn up. Give something your full focus else don’t be there…
- You are much more beautiful / handsome than you think you are!
P.s. (Palat says)-: I am trying to focus on a few of these this week… will let you know how it goes. And yuppp I did tone down the angry email before I sent it !
4 thoughts on “What I’ve learnt so far…(love, relationships,women and men!)”
your words are so wise divya. thanks for writing. keep writing please.
Thank you James ! Really appreciate that
Lovely blog! Love is a tough journey, but once you find someone special to navigate the road with you, everything will start making sense.
I totally agree…. and it’s allowed to take time…and we shouldn’t rush it.